Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Almanac of World War I / David F. Burg and L. Edward Purcell. - Lexington, KY: University Press of Kentucky, 1998. - xiv, 320 p. : ill. ; 23 cm. - Includes bibliographical references (p. -288) and index. - Call Number: [E-BOOK] D522.5.B87
- This almanac provides a day-by-day account of the action on all fronts and of the events surrounding the conflict, from the guns of August 1914 to the November 1918 Armistice and its troubled aftermath. Daily entries, topical descriptions, biographical sketches, maps, and illustrations combine to give a ready and succinct account of what was happening in each of the principal theaters of war. "A chapter is devoted to each year, 1914 through 1918, beginning with a page-long analysis of that year's developments. Daily entries are subdivided by locations (battle sites or cities) where the most important developments occurred. The authors provide considerable analysis of the strategy and tactics of specific battles and include a number of insets, most of which treat various military developments (e.g., trench warfare, the use of poison gas, the role of artillery, communications, command and control, casualties). A biographical section provides brief sketches of the careers of key figures. There is a useful bibliography and a detailed subject index." [Choice]
- American Decades / Vincent Tompkins, Judith Baughman, Victor Bondi, and Richard Layman. - Detroit: Gale Research, 1994. - edited by Vincent Tompkins.; v. : ill. ; 29 cm; Vol.  edited by Judith S. Baughman; v. -, - edited by Victor Bondi; v.  edited by Richard Layman; v.  edited by Tandy McConnell.; "A Manly, Inc. book."; Includes bibliographical references and indexes.. - Call Number: REF E169.12.A419
- Ten-volume set (one for each decade of the twentieth century) covers events, people and trends, with chapters organized according to subject area. Every volume contains a chapter on "Arts," "Fashion," "Lifestyles and Social Trends," "Media," and "Sports."
- Chronological History of U.S. Foreign Relations, 2nd Edition / by Lester H. Brune; Richard Dean Burns, consulting editor. - New York: Routledge, 2003. - 3 v. : ill., maps ; 29 cm. - Includes bibliographical references and index. - Call Number: REF E183.7.B745
- Three-volume chronological reference to the major events of U.S. diplomatic history includes descriptions and explanatory notes. A useful reference for placing events in a broader foreign policy context.
- The Facts on File World Political Almanac / compiled by Chris Cook. - New York: Facts on File, 1989. - 453 p. ; 25 cm. - Includes bibliographical references and index. - Call Number: REF D843.C5797
- Useful ready reference work covers international political organizations and movements, foreign governments, treaties, alliances, diplomatic agreements, and politics. Also includes topical chapters dealing with major themes in international politics.