Student Government Association
William Paterson University
The Voice of the Students
VOTING IS OPEN APRIL 19th- 22nd!
Have you read the Candidate Bio's and are ready to Vote?
The Student Government Association (SGA) elections are here!
Cast your votes between Monday, April 19 and Thursday, April 22
Executive Vice President
Vice President: Joselito Paz, Jr.
Senators: Lindsey Giordano & Julianne Zmuda
Vice President: Nour Muhajer
Senators: Aida Reynoso, Donovan Taylor, Rozan Jubran
Vice President: Genesis Gonzalez
Senators: Terrence Morris & Emma Dodson
Judical Review Board
Vice President: Claudia Morales
Senator: Danielle Yearicks
Vice President: Jorge Villar
Write in Votes are accepted!
* Please note that anyone running for a senator position MUST receive a MINIMUM of 25 votes to be elected. E-board positions MUST receive a MINIMUM of 50 votes to be elected (this holds true for any write ins as well). *
More information about the candidates on Pioneer Life.
If you have any questions please contact Amelia the Vice President of Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Instagram @wpu.sga.
Are you interested in making a difference?
Would you like your student voice to be heard?
Do you want to be a part of student governance?
Then, consider running for a position within the Student Government Association (SGA)!
The purpose of the Student Government Association is to identify, understand, and promote the interest and welfare of the student body by providing a means through which members may express themselves effectively.
SGA Election Timelines
Nomination Period: Friday, April 2nd to Sunday, April 11th
Promotion of Candidates (upon approval): Monday, April 12th to Thursday, April 22nd
Voting in SGA Elections: Monday, April 19th to Thursday, April 22nd HAPPENING NOW!
All campaigning material MUST be taken down no later than 48 hours after the polls have closed.
Open SGA Executive Board Positions: (GPA required at time of election 2.75)
- President *
- Executive Vice President *
- Vice President for Public Relations
- Vice President for Student Life
- Vice President for Allocations
- Vice President for Judicial Review Board
- Vice President for Academic Affairs
* (For the President and Executive Vice President positions you must have been a senator for two (2) semesters and for a Vice President position you must have been a senator for one (1) semester).
Open Senator Positions: (GPA required at time of election 2.5)
- Public Relations
- Student Life
- Academic Affairs
- Judicial Review Board
Link to submit SGA Nomination Form:
- Available on PIONEERLIFE— Nominations are closed (April 19, 2021)
(Use https://wpunj.campuslabs.com/engage/ if the above link doesn’t work)
SGA Election Guidelines:
Platform for Elections:
- Available on PIONEERLIFE— https://wpunj.campuslabs.com/engage/
Feel free to email the VP of Public Relations at email@example.com with any questions.
- Check out the Student Government Association Page, Clubs and Orgs, and Events!
For more information please follow us on Instagram @wpu.sga and
This Constitution serves as the governing document for the WP SGA. It outlines the role of the SGA in William Paterson governance, the powers & duties of the SGA, the responsibilities of officers and representatives, and the overall structure and procedures of the SGA.
Access the SGA Pioneer Life Portal and find upcoming and past SGA sponsored events, contact information for SGA representatives, and photo albums of SGA activities.
The SGA election Guidelines provide information about eligibility for running for an SGA elected position as well as campaign guidelines and voting procedures.