Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Types of Projects
What types of digital projects do we want to engage in?
- Institutional Repository (IR)
- Digital Exhibits
- Patron-Driven Digitization
- Visualization Tools (e.g. location, date, charts)
- Statistical Data Analysis (e.g. R)
What types of resources do we want to handle?
- Born-digital vs. analog, physical materials
- Scholarly documents (articles, dissertations, theses)
- Images / Photographs
- Motion pictures (inc. video)
- Three-dimensional objects
- Data sets
- FSU-specific documents & records
Use & Need
- Who are our target user groups for proposed digital project(s)?
- Have users identified particular needs or requests for digitization and other digital projects?
- Are there any projects that are urgent priorities and why (e.g. Coal Mine Mapping Project)?
- What form of access is best for users and is sustainable for the Ort? (For example, would DACS minimum-level finding aids provide increased usuage of Special Collections resources?)
- Do we want to put all digital objects (both born-digital and digital surrogates) into an institutional repository (IR)?
- Do we want to restrict access to some objects in an IR (e.g. embargo or other restriction) while making metadata about object available?
- Will some digital objects not be in the IR but elsewhere on the Ort Library website or only available through in-house use?
- Who are our stakeholders in the library? Are they direct or indirect stakeholders?
- Who are our stakeholders outside the library? For example: Faculty, students, the public
Where do we find content for these projects?
- Faculty scholarship, e.g. articles
- Dissertations and theses
- Special collections
- Other institutions/organizations
- What is the budget for digitization operations and/or specific projects?
- Where does the money for particular projects come from?