Skip to Main Content
Resources for Science
- Benchmarks for Science Literacy
- Benchmarks for Science Literacy were developed by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)and were used to draft the National Science Education Standards. They identify what all student should know and do in science, mathematics, and technology. The Benchmarks Online can be search by chapter or keyword.
Grades: K - 12
- Liberty Science Center
- Science exhibits and ideas for interesting science connections to the real world. Includes interactive programs, laboratory workshops, electronic field trips and many other experiences.
Grades: PreK - 12
- Scientific American
- The website of the oldest continuosly published science magazine includes science news, videos and podcasts and other resources. The Education section provides "Science at Home" designed for 6 to 12 year olds, Citizen Science that asks for volunteers for research projects, resources to connect teachers to scientists and other tools for teaching.
Grades: 1 - 12
- New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards--Science
- In 2014 New Jersey adopted the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) as the science standards to be followed in the state. Each NGSS standard focuses on content, practice and cross-cutting concepts.
Grades: K - 12
- Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS)
- TIMSS is a test administered every four years to students in grades 4 and 8 throughout the world. It provides comparative data on the mathematics and science achievement for students in more than 60 countries. This website includes examples of questions. The TIMSS International Data Explorer (IDE) enables users to create their own tables and charts. The next TIMSS data collection is in 2015.
Grades: 4 - 12