Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
1990 Census Publications and Data
Due to the extremely large file sizes, American FactFinder can only store data from the last two Censuses. Currently, only the 2010 and 2000 Census data are available in American FactFinder. For the 1990 Decennial Census, consult these publications and related resources for data on the Hispanic/Latino population:
- United States and Bureau of the Census. We the American-- : Hispanics. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration, Bureau of the Census, 1993.
- This very useful 12-page report summarizes data on the Latino population from the 1990 Census and covers population, educational attainment, and median family income at the national level.
- United States and Bureau of the Census. We Asked-- : You Told Us : Hispanic Origin. Census Questionnaire Content; 1990, CQC-7. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration, Bureau of the Census, 1992.
- A brief (2-age) overview of national-level demographic data on the Latino population based on the 1990 Census.
- 1990 Census of Population. Persons of Hispanic Origin in the United States. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of the Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration, Bureau of the Census: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O, 1993.
- The main national report on the Latino population from the 1990 Census (350 pages). The tables cover general population characteristics, household and family characteristics, social characteristics, labor force characteristics, income and poverty status, and housing characteristics.
- United States and Bureau of the Census. 1990 Census of Population. Supplementary Reports. Detailed Ancestry Groups for States. Washington, D.C: Bureau of the Census : For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O, 1992.
- State-level reporting of ancestry for the population. The details for New Jersey can be found on pages 21-23 of this publication.
- 1990 Census Data for New Jersey from the New Jersey State Data Center
- Population and housing data for New Jersey drawn from the decennial Census. Several of the tables provided here include historical data extending as far back as 1790.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) datasets for the 1990 Census
- Access to the “raw” data files from the 1990 Census. It is possible to use these to find data for your variables at the level of municipal geographical units, but doing so requires some work.