Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search Terms for Primary Sources
To find primary sources in library catalogs, the following search terms - coupled with your subject terms - are among the most useful:
- caricatures and cartoons
- case studies
- comic books, strips
- description and travel
- documentary films
- notebooks, sketchbooks
- personal narratives
- pictorial works
- public opinion
- songs and music
- Cheng Library Catalog
- Contents of the Cheng Library's collection.
- PALS Plus Catalog
- PALS Plus is 20 public and academic libraries located in Passaic and Essex Counties, NJ. Its members share library and computer resources to better serve the information needs of local communities. This is the PALS Plus catalog.
- Search other library catalogs in New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Library Catalog
- The State Library's catalog has the most complete collection of New Jersey government documents, many of which pertain to suburban issues.
- WorldCat is a huge union catalog of libraries in the U.S. and other countries; it contains over 100 million records.