Adhere to formatting requirements of your department. A summary of ProQuest's requirements may be found under the "Formatting Guidelines" tab.
- Obtain the approval to submit your document. The acceptable form of approval is the signature page signed by your advisor(s).
- Send the final version of your document to Leah Marie Zamora (zamoraL2@wpunj.edu) for review. A preliminary review of the document must be completed by Leah prior to the ProQuest submission appointment. This preview will ensure that all ProQuest requirements are met. Any revisions or changes that Leah suggests, need to be made prior to scheduling and confirming an appointment.
- Arrange for an appointment with a Thesis & Dissertation Library Coordinator prior to the deadline* imposed by your department:
Leah Marie Zamora 973-720-2663 zamoraL2@wpunj.edu
Nancy Weiner 973-720-2161 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that appointments are being held online.
- For the appointment, have the final version of your word document that includes embedded fonts. You will also need a PDF version of your final document for uploading.
*deadlines vary by department
Submission Appointment Timeline
- Thesis/Dissertation Coordinator will review the approval form (signature page with signatures from an advisor and graduate director).
- Create an account for the online-submission platform.
- Enter bibliographic information for your document, including the abstract.
- Choose publishing and embargo options.
- Coordinator will review document for formatting and any other issues (missing pages, appropriate citation style, etc.).
- Embed fonts & convert document to PDF.
- Upload PDF.
- Review bound copy order options.
- Copyright registration.
- Review summary of the submission and payment options (if applicable).
The submission process usually takes about 20-30 minutes, but we ask that you allow yourself a minimum of 1 hour for the appointment.