Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About this guide
This guide offers tips and strategies for finding information to support the development of a public relations plan.
Developing the PR plan: thing to consider
- Is your company public or private? The larger the company/organization - the easier it will be to find information
- Large organizations will have many brands/services, do you want to focus on the company as a whole or a specific segment?
- For small businesses, such as a local restaurant, industry trends, food trends, etc. can provide an alternative way to search
- Focus on the need, problem, issue for either the company and/or its product or service.
- Companies have already done their market research, you can use that information even as it is presented on webpages and in other promotions
- Look for partnerships, experts in a field, professional organizations and association related to your company's product/service
- How and when does your company/organization/industry use social media?
- Keep track of key names, industry executives, trade organizations. You can use these to improve Internet search results