Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Developing our Research Topic
- Start with a topic that interests you.
- Get Background Information
- Notes keywords, names, places, organizations
- Develop you research question
- Is your research question too broad or narrow ( some prelimary searching/reading will help you determine this)
- Develop a thesis statement
Topic keywords: French Alergerian war
Your Research Question/Interest might be: What is the lasting impact of the French Algerian War in contemporary France and Algeria?
In 2012, both France and Algeria celebrated the ceasefire ending the French Algerian War. Today, traces of the war remain in both countries with unresolved problems such as discrimination and mistrust.