Skip to Main Content
- Dave's ESL Cafe
- Dave's ESL Cafe links to various ESL topics, discussion forums, chatrooms, even a job center. Created by Dave Sperling, this site provides exercises and quizzes for practicing grammar, writing, vocabulary, idioms and slang for both teachers and students.
Grades: 3 - 12
- English Language Proficiency Standards
- WIDA (World-class Instructional Design and Assessment), a consortium of states dedicated to high standards and equitable educational opportunities for English language learners developed these standards for English Language Proficiency. WIDA educational products and services fall into three main categories: standards and assessments, professional development for educators, and research.
Grades: PreK - 12
- How to Use Technology to Support ELLs in Your Classroom
- A blog posting from Common Sense Education that identifies some digital tools that can help support English Language Learners (ELLs). They include resources available in various reading levels, translation tools, digital storytelling and online language learning software.
Grades: K - 12
- I Learn America--Human Library
- Inspired by the film, I Learn America (available in streaming format through NJVid) the Human Library consists of first person stories of immigrant teens. Students must register to share their own stories. The stories may be sorted by categories including state, school, country of origin, etc.
Grades: 6 - 12
- What Works Clearinghouse (WWC)
- Developed by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES), part of the U.S. Department of Education, this website identifies education practices that are based on reviews of education research. It includes a searchable database of research studies that have been reviewed.
Grades: PreK - 12