Skip to Main Content
- Campaign for Grade Level Reading: 3rd grade reading success matters
- Established as a collaboration of many foundations to meet the challenge of helping children of poverty to succeed academically. The campaign suggests strategies to attack the issues of school readiness, parent engagement, summer learning loss and chronic absence. Links to research, strategies for meeting the challenges, and materials (banners, videos, etc.) for individual campaigns are available.
Grades: PreK - 3
- International Literacy Association (ILA)
- Originally called the International Reading Association, ILA is a professional association that supports literacy research and professional development based on the belief that "literacy is the primary foundation of all learning."
Grades: PreK - 12
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- The Modern Language Association works to strengthen the study and teaching of language and literature, in both English and foreign languages. The MLA publishes books, pamphlets, a comprehensive international bibliography, and style guidelines.
Grades: 9 - 12
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- The National Council of Teachers of English is dedicated to improving the teaching and learning of English and the language arts. NCTE provides opportunities for teachers to continue their professional growth and a framework for dealing with issues that affect the teaching of English.
Grades: K - 12