Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Managing your Time
Need help planning for that big research paper or project? Not sure how to stay on track with your research?
This tool can help organize all of the steps along the way by calculating deadlines for the different parts of the research process. Simply enter the date that your assignment is due, to get started!
Developing your Research Topic
- Start with a topic that interests you.
- Get Background Information
- Note keywords, names, places, organizations
- Develop your research question
- Is your research question too broad or narrow (some prelimary searching/reading will help you determine this)
- Develop a thesis statement
Topic keywords: Charter schools, academic achievement
Your Research Question/Interest: Do students learn better in charter schools?
Thesis Statement: Students in urban charter schools have better test scores than students in urban public schools.
How to Write a Thesis Statement