- Start with a topic that interests you.
- Get Background Information
- Note keywords, names, places, organizations
- Develop your research question
- Is your research question too broad or narrow (some prelimary searching/reading will help you determine this)
- Develop a thesis statement
Topic keywords: Charter schools, academic achievement
Your Research Question/Interest: Do students learn better in charter schools?
Thesis Statement: Students in urban charter schools have better test scores than students in urban public schools.