Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, the world's largest mathematics education organization, is dedicated to ensuring a mathematics education of the highest quality for all students. The council also publishes four professional journals, a monthly newsletter, and offers Standards-oriented teachers institutes.
Grades: K - 12
- This website has a section for educators, which provides money management lesson plans for all grade levels and students with special needs. Additionally, students can download (in PDF format), a budget worksheet to learn how to build a weekly budget.
Grades: 1 - 12
- Common Core Standards -- Mathematics
- Adopted by New Jersey the Common Core Standards in Mathematics stress the conceptual understanding of mathematical practices. The standards are organized by both grade level and domain (groups of related standards).
Grades: K - 12
- Principles and Standards for School Mathematics
- Developed by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), the Principles and Standards for School Mathematics were developed in 2000. If not a member of NCTM you may sign up for free online access for 120 days. A print copy of this document is also available in the Curriculum Materials Center of the Cheng Library.
Grades: PreK - 12
- Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS)
- TIMSS is a test administered every four years to students in grades 4 and 8 throughout the world. It provides comparative data on the mathematics and science achievement for students in more than 60 countries. This website includes examples of questions. The TIMSS International Data Explorer (IDE) enables users to create their own tables and charts. The next TIMSS data collection is in 2015.
Grades: 4 - 12