Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Readings: First Time Managers
Learn about Professional Organizations
Professional organizations often have student memberships. Establishing contacts and exploring professional networking opportunities are good ways to get started.
Principles of Management
This guide provides a starting point for a variety of projects in a Principles of Management course.
In this guide you will find
- an introduction to some of the key journals and magazines for the discussion of management topics
- an introduction to key business databases
- a selection of ebooks and suggestions for finding additional resources concerning the primary functions of management
- tips and suggestions for beginning research on companies
- link to online reference sources including business encyclopedias and dictionaries
On the Future of Management
Gary Hamel on the Future of Management