Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Cite It Right with Zotero
Zotero is free, open source bibliographic management software you can use to collect citations from any information source you use and create in-text references and bibliographies in a large number of styles. You can find LOTS of video tutorials on YouTube that will help you get started using Zotero, so give it a try.
WorldCat: World's Largest Union Catalog
For comprehensive searching of library resources on any topic, you can't do better than WorldCat. With over 440 million records representing over 2.7 billion items in libraries around the world, you can find materials on any subject.
Resources for Literature and Writing
- Literary Reference Center (via JerseyClicks)
- Literary Reference Center is a comprehensive database that provides users with a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes.
- Academic Search Premier (via JerseyClicks)
- Academic Search Premier contains indexing for 8,025 publications (including academic journals, reviews, magazines, newspapers, and trade publications), with full text for more than 4,500 of those titles.
- NoveList (via JerseyClicks)
- NoveList is a comprehensive readers’ advisory solution for fiction lovers. With an intuitive interface and extensive proprietary content, NoveList answers the question: What should I read next?
- Points of View Reference Center (via JerseyClicks)
- Points of View Reference Center is a full-text database designed to provide students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue. The database provides 200 topics, each with an overview (objective background/description), point (argument) and counterpoint (opposing argument).
Resources for News and Current Events
- Digital home of the Record newspaper, now owned by the Gannett Company, which also publishes USA Today. Visitors are allowed access to a limited number of free articles per month, after which a subscrition is required.
- Digital home of the Star-Ledger newspaper, providing statewide news coverage.
- Google News
- Google's news aggregator draws from a wide variety of print and broadcast news sources, including both national and international sources.
- Chronicling America
- Massive digitization project from the Library of Congress provides full-text access to American newspapers from 1789 to 1963. It currently offers over 14.7 million digitized pages from newspapers all over the country.