Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Databases for Secondary Sources
- Academic Search Complete
- Large, interdisciplinary full-text database contains over 8,500 full-text publications, including academic journals, magazines, books, and trade publications. Offers broad subject coverage for a variety of disciplines, including anthropology, area studies, biology, chemistry, ethnic and multicultural studies, food science and technology, general science, geography, law, mathematics, music, pharmaceutical sciences, physics, psychology, religion and theology, women's studies, and many other fields. It is recommended you include the expression "SU United States History" when searching the database to obtain focused results. Please note that online access to this database is restricted to currently enrolled students, faculty and staff.
- America: History and Life
- Bibliographic database contains over 400,000 citations and abstracts for journal and magazine articles, book and media reviews, and dissertations covering the world's scholarly literature about the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present. Includes material from over 2,100 journals and magazines written in over 40 languages, although the majority of items were published in English. Most of the items in the database were issued after 1959. Many records now contain links to full-text articles in other Library databases. Please note that access to this database is restricted to currently enrolled students, faculty and staff.
- The JSTOR electronic journal archive includes full-text backfiles for several major scholarly journals in history, education, and sociology. The collection can be searched or browsed. From the openning screen, select appropriate subject collections from the list of disciplines before entering your search terms. Please note that online access to this database is restricted to currently enrolled students, faculty and staff.
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Central is a large multidisciplinary database indexing over 14,000 publications, the majority of them available in full text. Over 160 subjects areas are covered extensively in this product including business and economics, health and medical, news and world affairs, technology, social sciences, and more. The publications include over 6,500 scholarly journals, over 3,600 trade publications, over 2,000 magazines and newspapers, and over 800 industry reports, plus dissertations and theses, company annual reports, and videos. Please note that access to this database is restricted to currently enrolled students, faculty and staff.