Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Examples of Trade Publications
Click here for a complete list of Journals and Periodicals. Identifying trade publications, organizations, associations is a useful step in researching an industry. Organizations may or may not provide free online access to resources for members.
Suggestions for finding articles on professional selling
- Sales and selling are very common terms. Identify the best "sales" subject terms to use in each database such as salespeople, sales force, sales personnel, personal selling. Limit your search by subject for more precise results
- Identify trade publications and organizations for specific industries. Examples: Professional Builder, Medical Marketing & Media, Advertising Age, Print+Promo, Publishing Executive, Printing Impressions. Search for salespeople (or other sales phrase) in the publication.
- Search for articles on a specific sales issue by combining your selected sales subject term(s) with the issue. Examples: salespeople and best practices, sales personnel and customer relations, sales personnel and communication, salespeople and purchasing agents
- For some industries, there may be a more specific term to consider such as insurance agent or real estate broker.
- Consider synonyms. For example, construction industry, home buiding, construction equipment, construction machinery