Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Web-Based Digital Collections
- Russian History Resources (Bucknell University)
- "Few nations have as colorful and vivid a history as Russia. At times torn between the East and the West, sometimes buffering the two, Russia has always been a pot of enormous ethnic diversity which refuses to melt. The result has been a mixture of socialism and capitalism, of east and west, Christianity and Islam with a bit of social experimentation thrown in. This page attempts to capture the flavor of the rich diversity evolving over Russian history and hence depends as much on the endeavors of others as those of the Russian Studies Program."
- Russian and Eastern European Studies Web (REESWeb)
- Created in 1993, REESWeb is the Virtual Library covering Russia and Eastern Europe. In its history, REESWeb has sought to help users identify high quality web content that is located in or focuses on the region stretching from Bohemia to Central Asia. All web sites listed in REESWeb are vetted by the editors, categorized for easy searching, and annotated to provide users with a good idea of what they will find upon visiting a site. This hands-on orientation places a high value on precision and quality in its listings rather than volume and, as such, should provide helpful to researchers, academics and casual users who want to find relevant material on the web rather than sifting through thousands of search results.
- Russian History Index (World Wide Web Virtual Library)
- The Russian History Index is made of different pages which are always under construction. You will find Virtual Resources produced in Russia together with world-wide Resources if they are dealing with the history of Russia. The Russian History Index was created in April 2000.