Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Atlas of African-American History / James Ciment, and Facts on File, Inc. - New York: Facts on File, 2001. - Includes bibliographical references and index. - Call Number: REF E185.C55
- Atlas of American History / by Gary B. Nash and Carter Smith. - New York: Facts on File, 2007. - Includes bibliographical references (p. 319-320) and index. - Call Number: REF E179.5 .N37
- "Some 200 full-color maps and numerous photographs and charts reveal the history of America in ten parts: "Three Worlds Meet, Beginnings to 1607," "Colonization and Settlement, 1492-1760," "Revolution and New Nation, 1761-1812," "Expansion and Reform, 1790-1855," "Civil War and Reconstruction, 1856-1869," "The Development of the Industrial United States, 1870-1899," "The Emergence of Modern America, 1900-1928," "The Great Depression and World War II, 1929-1945," "Postwar United States, 1946-1968," and "The Contemporary United States, 1969-Present." The thesis of the atlas is that maps are an indispensable part of the study of American history. Some of these maps and charts are unusual, e.g., "Flight Paths of Hijacked Airlines on September 11, 2001." Drawn in a clear, simple style and combined with narrative, they illustrate social, political, historical, economic, and cultural data." [Choice]
- Historical Atlas of the Vietnam War / Harry G. Summers. - Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co., 1995. - Introduction and epilogue by Stanley Karnow.; Includes bibliographical references (p. 214-215) and index. - Call Number: REF DS557.7.S93
- National Historical Geographic Information System / Created and maintained by the Minnesota Population Center, University of Minnesota.
- The National Historical Geographic Information System (NHGIS) provides, free of charge, aggregate census data and GIS-compatible boundary files for the United States between 1790 and 2000.
- Voting America: United States Politics, 1840-2008 / Created and maintained by Andrew J. Torget at the University of Richmond and others at the Digital Scholarship Lab at the University of Richmond
- "Voting America: United States Politics, 1840-2008, examines presidential elections in the United States, taking nearly full advantage of the strengths of the digital medium. Using a variety of cinematic and interactive maps, Voting America attempts to uncover trends in voting and politics with visualizations of election data. While including the state level results, Voting America looks beyond the Electoral College, even arguing that a state view can give a misleading impression of only red states and blue states. However, this project does not simply provide scripted analysis. Interactive features allow and encourage further exploration of the election data."
- The West Point Atlas of American Wars / Chief editor: Vincent J. Esposito. With an introductory letter by Dwight D. Eisenhower. - New York: Praeger, 1959. - 2 v. col. maps 27 x 37 cm. - Includes bibliographies. - Call Number: OVERSIZE G1201.S1U5
- Battlefield and strategic maps covering U.S. military history through the middle of the 20th century.