Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What to find in this guide
The main sources of accounting and financial reporting standards are
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- internationall Accounting Standrds Board (IASB)
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
This guide demonstrates how to locate these standards and how to find articles and books on topics in accounting.
Here are some recent books and journal articles on accounting issues.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Free Sources of Tax Information (Tax Section Odyssey Series, Episode 20)
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: AICPA Insights News Feed
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: The Tax Advisor News Feed